As I might have interest in using the service. I am currently a customer with DigitalOcean and they recently just announced the VAT charge for EU customers, and it isn't included in the final price, the charge is added at the end of every month, which is kind of ridiculous.
I have many questions so grab a coffee, this might take a while.
1) I see that Scaleway provides 2 pricing options. Ex. VAT, and Inc. Vat. As I don't have a business, and no VAT ID to provide, is Scaleway designed to automatically add the VAT charge into the final price?
2) I see that the CPUs are ARM processors. What is their benchmark? And can this little server manage to host an image hosting website that currently serves over 50,000 images and growing, with the use of nginx, MariaDB and PHP?
3) 50GB of storage to start off with. Is that built into the server, or is 50GB allocated from a seperate storage server for my server? And how does LSSD work? Say I want to increase the 50GB to 100GB one day, can that happen? Will the server still see it as "one drive"?
4) Are the SSDs in a RAID?
5) Is there a DNS system in place that I can handle my domains from? And the only change I'd need to do is point my domains to your nameservers? This is a feature DigitalOcean has and makes it super easy to manage my servers and domains in one place.
6) Do I get a certain amount of bandwidth to use per month? Like DigitalOcean, my current server allows me to use 3TB of bandwidth for free before charging a few cents for every GB once I've exceeded the allowance for that month.
7) If I ever need more resources than storage in the future, is it possible to combine 2 or more servers into a single server? Like a cluster.